This tutorial shows you how to use the Trailing Stop-Loss. By the end of this guide, you will have an active working Trailing Stop-Loss, and will know the ways to configure it.
Before you begin, ensure that you have the following prerequisites:
- You’ve got a Cryptohopper account
- You’ve got a working Hopper that’s funded and buys automatically. Otherwise follow this setup tutorial and decide if you want to copy signals or install a strategy.
- Click the “Config” dropdown in the menu bar on the left and click on “Baseconfig”.
- Under the “selling” category, click “Trailing Stop-Loss” on the baseconfig menu.
- Toggle the “Enable” switch.
- Enter a “Trailing stop-loss percentage”. This determines how much % the price should drop to sell the asset automatically.
- Enter a “Arm trailing stop-loss at” percentage. Your hopper will be armed to sell your coin if it hits this % and will sell when the price drops the % configured in step 4.
- Enable “Use trailing stop-loss only” if you only want to sell with the “Trailing Stop-Loss”, and disable your take profit.
- Click “Save”.
- On the dashboard, click the “info” button on one of the positions you want to adjust.
- You will see a pop-up. Click “Settings” in the top menu of the pop-up.
- Click on the “Trailing Stop-Loss” dropdown menu.
- Enable the Trailing Stop-Loss and configure it from here like step 4 & 5 in the previous section.
Last updated on