This tutorial shows you how to connect your exchange. By the end of this guide, your Hopper will show and use your real funds. This page shows you per exchange how to connect it to your Hopper.
Before you begin, ensure that you have the following prerequisites:
- You’ve got a Cryptohopper account
- You’ve got a working Hopper that uses paper trading. Otherwise visit this exchange specific page.
- We will use Binance for this example. Don’t have a Binance account yet? Create one here.
- Get verified! Verify your account.
- Click on the user icon on the top right corner and click “API Management”.
- Create a new API key, and name it “Cryptohopper”.
- Make sure that you give us “Trade” and “View” rights. Do not give us “Withdraw” rights.
- Click Save. Binance will ask for your 2FA and will send you an email code.
- Copy the private and public key into your Hopper.
- Do this by going to Cryptohopper (open a new tab, don’t close your Binance tab), click “Config” on the menu bar on the right, click “Baseconfig” and click “Exchange”. Select Binance, disable paper trading and paste the keys here.
- Save your config. Done!
- Make sure that your account is funded with the right currency, or select another quote currency.
- To change your quote currency, go to “Config”, click “Baseconfig” and click “Coins & Amounts”. Select the quote currency your account is funded with and click “Change”. This will sell all open positions!