Fully copy an expert by subscribing to signalers who send out trading signals which your bot can trade automatically on. We offer a marketplace where you can easily judge the performance of signalers. You don’t need to follow the sell signals they send, but you can also semi copy a trader. Use the Stop-Loss to protect against deep losses, and let the Trailing Stop-Loss help you sell on the right moment.
Templates are preconfigured Hoppers that have these settings already set up for you.
Do you want more control? Strategies are packages with algorithms that scan the markets for you. You can backtest these strategies to see if they perform well in the current market.
First, create a Hopper and connect it to your exchange account. Not sure how? Follow the steps here.
Next, go to the marketplace and search for a signaler. Signaller all have their own profiles where their performance data is kept. You can see how many signals they've sent, if those signals made a profit and for which pairs & exchanges they send signals.
Make sure to to do your research when choosing a signaler:
- Do they send signals for your exchange?
- Do they send signals for your base currency?
- What is the overall performance? What is the average profit/loss?
- Check the coins for which they send signals, then go to the config -> baseconfig -> coins & amounts and select the coins they send signals for. Traders with a Hero subscription can select “Allow all coins,” so that they trade automatically on every signal they receive.
- Some signalers offer their own templates. You can download and install them, so that your Hopper is configured as your signaler recommends.
- Check if you have enough funds in your base currency (that’s often BTC or USDT). You can check this in your configuration. Your Hopper will use this base currency to buy assets.
Do you want more control? Strategies are basically packages with algorithms that scan the markets for you. You can backtest these strategies to see if they perform well in the current market.
Algorithmic traders build packages that consist of technical indicators that are used to scan the markets. Their indicators look at trends, momentum, volatility and volume. They have multiple strategies that work in different markets, so they’re continuously backtesting to check how these strategies perform on the current market.
When using a strategy as a beginner, we recommend that you also use a template. Most strategy makers offer matching templates. Templates are preconfigured Hoppers that have these settings already set up for you.
First, let’s download a template. Go to the marketplace, select templates and search for a template that you like.
Next, let’s load the template into your Hopper. This overwrites your current configuration.
Just like that, you’ve installed your first template! That wasn’t so hard, was it? Next up, let’s download a strategy and configure it. We’re going to download a free strategy, because who doesn’t like free stuff?
Now that we’ve downloaded a strategy, we’re going to configure it. Go to your config -> Baseconfig -> Strategy and select the strategy that you’ve downloaded.
And you’re done! Make sure that you have funds in your base currency so that your Hopper can buy positions. You can choose what kind of coins your Hopper may buy in the Coins & Amounts section.
You’ve just created your first bot that’s trading on a strategy consisting of technical indicators. How cool is that!
We encourage traders to backtest their strategies to see if it performs well in the current market. Click here to learn more about backtesting.