What are signals Ever wanted to let a third party analyst take over your trading decisions? With Signals through Cryptohopper you can have just that: all the benefits of a third party analyst, without the need to share any personal data. Let the analyst tell your bot which coin to buy, and when. Cryptohopper will then automatically process the order for you!
Getting started with signals In order to start trading based on signals, navigate to the marketplace and select "signals" or navigate to the Signals page.
Found a signal you like? Great!
Add it to your hopper by subscribing to the signaler through their own special page. (note, not all signalers are premium. If you want to test out if trading on signals is something for you, use a free signaler.)
How to know if a signaler is the right fit for you
Are you wondering if a particular signaler is a good fit for you? There are several ways to check if you are a match.
A signaler’s own page is filled with a lot of information regarding their signals.
Does the signaler have a good rating? This can be checked on their page. the rating system is marked on a scale of one to five stars.
Is the signaler updating their signals regularly and does the signaler have a community? Most signalers are active on our Discord, even though it doesn't necessarily say that a signaler is good or bad. It does make it easier to get in touch!
The best indicator is their performance report!
The performance report shows you the most recently signaled coins and their profits. This is a great gauge to see if the signaler sends coins for your exchange and your currency, and how it is performing.
Another way to quickly scan the performance of the signaler would be the Overview graph.
This graph shows you how well the signaler has been performing over the past month or past 3 months, for BTC specific or for a stable coin.
The numbers on the left hand side are positive or negative profit, while the dates below represent the dates of the month. By looking at this graph you can see an average profit / loss per day.
Make sure to pick a signaler that sends signals for your quote-currency and your exchange, then verify that the signaler is actually signaling for this exchange and quote-currency.
Once you have chosen a signaler that suits you, congratulations! Everything is in place to configure the signaler and start trading.
So, you have picked a signaler you like, and subscribed to their signals. Great! Now it’s time to configure the signaler.
Navigate to your "signals" tab (Make sure that you select the correct hopper first!).
Select the signaler you want to configure, and click on the "configure" button below their portrait.
After clicking to configure, you will be greeted with a new screen. There is a lot to unpack here, we know!
Let's walk through what these settings are for.
- Pause signal: If you want to temporarily disable the signaler, this is where you can do it!
- Market Order: A Market order will guarantee that your order gets filled. WARNING : Your order will be filled for the best possible price, but you don't have as much control over the buying price, compared to a limit order.
- Buy amount: Setting up a custom buy amount will limit how much the signaler can spend per position. It is very handy in order to prevent the signaler from using your entire portfolio!
- Take profit at: Fill this in should you want the signaler to trade on a custom take profit that deviates from your normal trading configuration.
- Percentage bid: If you want the signaler to bid a bit lower compared to the current price, you can do so here. Note that this lowers the chance of your order being filled.
- Percentage ask: If you want the signaler to ask a bit more compared to the current price, you can do so here. Note that this lowers the chance of your order being filled.
- Sell signals: Not all signalers send sell signals. If your signaler does, you can enable this setting and allow the hopper to trade on the sell signals of your signaler.
- Signal configuration: A signaler can send custom settings with each signal (Take profit, Trailing stop-loss, etc.). If you enable the signaler configuration, your hopper will adhere to these custom settings.
- Allow all coins: This HERO ONLY setting allows the hopper to bypass the 75 coin limitation and instead trade on all coins the exchange offers (Note that this is only for the signaler. Your strategy is still capped to 75 coins.)
None of these settings are required to have the signaler work. They are simply customizations that you can do to enhance your signaler’s performance.
Now that you are subscribed to the signaler, and it is fully configured. Congratulations!
Marketplace Sellers Support
The Marketplace Sellers and Signalers are not allowed to manage your account fully. Never share your API Keys as well as password for safety reasons. Most sellers offer support through various channels, including email (however, they are not required to). Please use screenshots only and do not provide them with the password to your account when in touch with them.
If you are unsure of each seller's level of support, you can always contact them before purchasing their service. You can find the contact details of each seller by clicking on any of their items in the Marketplace.
Many sellers provide guides on how to set up their products accordingly. Others also provide free or paid templates, which can be downloaded and applied to the baseconfig to get the appropriate settings (please be aware that these may need to be tweaked to suit your preferences).
If you like the signaler and the signals that he sends, make sure to leave a rating!