This tutorial shows you how to get a simple bot (Hopper) running in Cryptohopper. If you’ve never built a Cryptohopper bot before, you’re in the right place. Welcome, and let’s get started! By the end of this guide, you will have a working bot.
Before you begin, ensure that you have the following prerequisites:
- You’ve got a Cryptohopper account
- You either skipped the onboarding, or want to build another bot.
- Create a new Hopper. Go to the Hopper overview in the top left corner and click “view all hoppers”. If you have multiple Hoppers, click the dropdown first.
- Click “New” in the top right corner.
- Filter the exchange you want to trade on.
- Choose one of the templates. Pick the one that corresponds to what your account is funded with. Do you have USDT on your account? Then select the USDT template. Your bot will use this to buy assets, it won’t do anything if your account isn’t funded with this.
- Choose paper trading if you want to simulate your trading. Or add the API keys from your exchange if you want to trade with your real funds. Learn more about creating API keys here.
- Enable all toggles if you want your Hopper to start trading immediately.
- Click Save
- (optional) with paper trading, deposit funds that correspond to your basecurrency. (what you chose in step 4).
Choose how your bot will buy.
- Choose if you want to trade with signals or strategies.
- Follow this tutorial for signals, or this tutorial for strategies.