In this tutorial, we are going to explain how you can transfer Bitcoin to your Bittrex account and how to set up your Hopper.
Go to Bittrex.com and login, or create an account.
To be able to fund your account, you will have to verify yourself. This is to prevent money laundering. When you're at the homepage of your account, click settings. Click "Basic Verification", fill in all the required fields and you're done!
- Click "Wallet" at the top menu bar. Next, click the + sign next to Bitcoin. Deposit your funds on the address that is shown.
- Now we have to give your Hopper permission to trade on your behalf. This is done with an API Key.
Go to the API Key settings.
You will have to enable two-factor authentication before you're able to create API Keys. As shown on the image, the permissions you will need to enable our "read information", "trade limit" and "trade".
In the interest of your security as a Cryptohopper customer, we do not want withdrawal permissions!
- Now you've created your keys, it's time to configure your Hopper. Go to your Hopper's dashboard and click Config. Choose Bittrex as your exchange. Fill in your API key and your API secret key. Click "Save".
Unable to see your exchange balance?
There are several things that prevents your hopper from synchronizing the funds of your exchange. In most cases, the browser that you use has "auto-fill" enabled. This means that the browser fills in certain text fields themselves. There are three things you can do:
- Disable autofill,
- Use incognito mode of your browser
- Use a browser that you don't use often.
- Password managers auto-fill in the API key field, disable them for Cryptohopper.
And you're done! Check our community forum where users share their Hopper settings.
If you want more information about this subject, watch our Cryptohopper Academy video about this subject.